Explore the Expanded DJI Lineup of Drones & Aerial Systems
Monday, 29 August 2016
The already impressive line of copters and gimbal solutions from DJI has expanded this spring, catapulting your capture options. DJI made history with the Zenmuse X5R as the first aerial system to record lossless 4K video in RAW. In addition, DJI developed a 6-rotor copter, the Matrice 600, which can fly with the Ronin-MX gimbal. The Phantom 4 Quadcopter and the Inspire 1 with Zenmuse are also now available, both of which are all-in-one systems ready to soar. You should also check out the Osmo Handheld 4K Camera if you’re seeking a portable gimbal system with a 360° view.
All of these essential products are currently available for purchase from AbelCine.
DJI Matrice 600 Hexacopter
The easy-to-use Matrice 600 Hexacopter sets up in minutes and integrates with the DJI A3 Flight Controller, Lightbridge 2 transmission system with Ground and Air Units, plus Intelligent Batteries. All Zenmuse cameras and gimbals are natively compatible. It has a maximum payload of 13.2 lb (6 kg) so it can fly the Ronin-MX gimbal with the RED EPIC or a selection of Micro Four Thirds systems.
- Six intelligent batteries power the copter
- Extended flight time and a 3.1 miles (5 km) transmission range
- Remains in flight to land safely should a single battery cease in flight
- Control with the DJI GO App on your smartphone or tablet
- Open development options to build software
DJI Osmo Handheld 4K Camera and 3-Axis Gimbal
Capture the world in 360° view by raising the Osmo over your head and tapping the shutter button. The 3-axis gimbal helps the camera remain level while rotating. It also cancels out any of your movement.
- Timelapse and Hyperlapse capable
- Capture up to two second exposures without a tripod
- Rotating camera head captures 360° views
- Comfortable and durable handgrip with convenient buttons
- Attach your smartphone to view what your camera captures
- Uses Intelligent Batteries and charger
- Interacts with the Osmo’s shooting modes using the DJI GO App
DJI Zenmuse X5R RAW Camera and 3-Axis Gimbal with 15mm Lens
Soar with a Micro 4/3 camera using the DJI Zenmuse X5R, which is the first aerial camera capable of recording lossless 4K video in RAW. This leaves the original data intact so you can edit every frame. Swap the standard 15mm f/1.7 lens with a Panasonic Lumix 15mm f/1.7 or select Olympus lenses.
- Record 4K (3849×2160) video at RAW up to 30 fps
- ±360° mechanic continuous rotation
- Multiple control modes
- Independent gimbal controller
- Minimal payload for aircraft/drone function
- Due to large MFT sensor, takes 16MP print-ready photos
- 3-axis rotation speed control
DJI Phantom 4 Professional Quadcopter with 4K Camera and 3-Axis Gimbal
This flying camera supplies the copter, the camera, and the lens in one easy-to-use system. You can live view (720p HD) and control with your smartphone or tablet using the DJI GO App. A full remote control offers high range, with up to a 3.1 miles (5 Km) range of communication.
- Capture up to 4K video at 30 fps and Full HD slow-motion 1080p at 120 fps
- 3-axis gimbal, u-frame stabilizes unwanted camera movement in flight
- 28 minutes of flight time
- Efficient at flying indoors, low to ground, and in GPS-free areas
- Recognizes and follows your subject with ActiveTrack Mode
- TapFly Mode sends copter in new direction
- Obstacle sensors enable reaction to sense and avoid its environment
- Fly up to 45 mph in Sport Mode
- Professional f/2.8 aspherical lens with a 94° field of view
DJI Ronin-MX 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer
The streamlined Ronin-M weighing 5 lb (2.3 kg) will fit in a backpack yet supports up to an 8 lb (3.6 kg) camera. Set up on location can be accomplished in under five minutes. Camera capacity supports the RED EPIC, ARRI ALEXA Mini, and many others. It uses Intelligent Batteries.
- SmoothTrack provides tilt and pan movements by a single operator
- Ties to the A3 Flight Controller
- Rigid magnesium frame offers stiffness and reduced weight
- Minimize size by removing top handle bars to capture tight shots
- Three Shooting Scenarios
- Upright Mode (at or above eye-level, ideal for sunroofs or above crowds)
- Underslung Mode (held in front at chest level)
- Briefcase Mode (turn gimbal vertically and hold close to your side)
DJI Inspire 1 Pro Black Edition with Zenmuse X5 4K Camera and 3-Axis Gimbal
The Pro Black Edition of the DJI Inspire 1 transforms the shell-white frame and remote control into its stylish cousin. It features carbon fiber arms with 13” quick release rotors and a compact copter with the 4K Zenmuse micro 4/3 camera and a 3-axis gimbal, including a 15mm f/1.7 lens.
- Capture 4K video at 30 fps and RAW photos at 16MP
- An MFT mount allows you to swap in a compatible prime lens
- DJI GO App controls your flight and camera focus
- 1.2 mile radio range
- Intelligent flight modes
- Point of Interest (focus on an object or location)
- Waypoints (to follow a route you pre-select)
- Course Lock (lock in a direction to follow moving objects)
- Home Lock (to return the aircraft home)
For even more info on these DJI products, check out Ian McCausland and Andy Shipsides’s NAB coverage on our blog.