Zeiss CZ.2 Lenses – Now Shipping & Upcoming Releases
Thursday, 30 January 2014
A little over a year ago, Zeiss announced their first Compact Zoom CZ.2, and since then the lineup has grown to include three lenses. With their image circle coverage, mount flexibility and optical performance these zooms are unique and versatile. Check out the features and updates below, and see why the CZ.2 lenses might be the right fit for your next job.
CZ.2 Product Lineup
Key Features of the CZ.2 Zoom Lenses Lineup
- Covers the full frame sensor (Canon 5D Mark III, 1D C and RED Epic Dragon at 6K)
- Constant T-stop of 2.9 across the entire zoom range
- Interchangeable lens mounts (PL, EF, F, MFT, E)
- Robust cine-style housing
- Round 18-blade iris
- Great flare suppression
- Calibrated focus scales
- Consistent aperture over the zoom range
- No focus shift over the zoom range
CZ.2 Lens Evaluation
Andy Shipsides spent some time with the CZ.2 lenses and compared them to the highest-quality Zeiss lenses, the Master & Ultra primes. Watch his blog, Testing the Zeiss CZ.2 Compact Zoom Lenses, and see how they preformed and why we think the CZ.2 zooms make a great companion to any production using Zeiss glass.